Be inspired, encouraged and equipped...
There are several training resources available as outlined below. In addition, if you need access to a pool for swim training and are not a member of a facility with a pool you can purchase one time passes or 10 pass punch cards for the Conway Regional Fitness Center pool at their facility. Contact Amy Routt at 450-9292 ext 305 for more information.
- Kids' Triathlon Training Camp- offered by Conway Regional. Monday & Wednesday, July 29th & 31st! Click here to download the flyer.
- FREE Kids' Training Day Saturday, June 15th: Click here to download the flyer/registration form & mail in (details below) or click here to register online.
FREE Training Day Details: Conway Kids Triathlon is proud to offer a FREE Triathlon Training Day on Saturday, June 15th from 8:00AM until 10:00AM at Centennial Valley Country Club swimming pool. Training day will begin with information sharing and Q&A time led by the triathlon director, Shannon Milam. Kids will then be split into three groups based on their level of experience, age and goals for the race. Kids will spend 20-30 minutes in each of the triathlon areas: swim, bike, run, as well as learn the process of transitioning from one area to the other. Instructors will help build confidence in swimming, biking and running. Instructors for the day are Lynn Tanguay (AquaKids development coach), Brad Rogers (experienced marathon runner & Ironman), Jeff Goff (experienced cyclist and triathlete). Jeff will look at each participant’s bike and make suggestions on items such as height of the seat, air pressure in tires, etc. Parents will have an opportunity to spend some time with Shannon to ask questions and get more information to help them support their kids in having a great experience.
What to bring:
- Running shoes
- Filled water bottle (light snacks will be provided)
- Registration is FREE FREE FREE!!!
- Please pre-register so we will have an idea of participation (participants can register on the day of the training too)
- Click on the link at the top of this page to register online (this is for the training day only and will not sign you up for the Kids Triathlon Event in August) or send participant info to Shannon Milam, 2205 Desha Drive, Conway, AR 72034
- Information on forming a training team. Training with others helps keep participants accountable and is more fun than training alone. A team can be 2 or 3 kids or a whole neighborhood.
- Training plans. Different training plans for kids based on their goals will be provided.
- Encourage people to come to find out if they want to do the event. This is not just for people who are planning to do the event but is great for people who want to know more about the event and make a decision to sign up. It’s perfect for people who think they can’t do it but would like to know more. Our goal is to show people how if you break it down to three separate events, do some basic training and get together with your friends that this will be something you’ll be glad you did.
Special thanks to Centennial Valley Country Club for allowing us to use their facilities!