The safety of our athletes and volunteers is our primary concern. In the event of inclement weather, the race will attempt to continue under the following circumstances:
Lightening: The event will be postponed by 30 minutes. If lightening is closer than 6 miles away at 8:00AM using the Flash to Bang method, then the race will be postponed by 30 minutes. Families should wait in their cars until 8:30. If the lightening continues to be within 6 miles at 8:30AM, then the race will be cancelled. Check the website to see where packets can be picked up in the event of cancellation. www.conwaykidstri.com
Rain: The event will NOT be cancelled due to rain alone. If it is determined that the bike portion of the race would be unsafe due to wet roads, then the race will be changed to a swim-run duathlon. Athletes will be informed of such a change via announcements race day.
Tornado warning: The race will be cancelled in the event of a tornado warning. Check the website to see where packets can be picked up in the event of cancellation.
PACKETS WILL NOT BE MAILED IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION.